Sick days are no fun for you or your child. The flu virus can spread from person to person making it easier to acquire the flu from work or school. Here’s some tips on how to stay happy and healthy all year long!
- Protect yourself from the flu by getting the flu shot! And if you’re not a huge fan of needles, the flu vaccine is now offered in a nasal spray for those ages 2-49 who are not pregnant.
- Double check with your primary care physician to see which vaccine, if any, is best for you!
How to Protect Yourself
- Wash your hands and wash them often! Use soap and warm water and wash for at least 20 seconds.
- Keep an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with you at all times and use it after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose.
- Refrain from touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with your hands.
- Keep everything clean! Use disinfectants to wipe down your desk, keyboard, mouse, phone, and other things you often touch.
How to Protect Others
- Keep tissues with you and cough and sneeze into those. If tissues are unavailable, cough and sneeze into your elbow.
- Stay home if you feel sick with flu-like symptoms.
- Stay at home until at least 24 hours after you no longer have a temperature of 100°F or higher
Keep these tips in mind and stay healthy all the time!
Some content provided by The StayWell Company, LLC. This information is not intended as a substitute for professional medical care. Always follow your health care professional's instructions.
To schedule an appointment with one of our highly trained physicians and find out why LifeBridge Health is Baltimore's premier health care organization, call 410-601-WELL.