LifeBridge Health Blogs » breast cancer, deb kirkland, Freedom to Screen Program, Herman & Walter Samuelson Breast Care Center, northwest hospital, Susan G. Komen » Join LifeBridge Health for the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Race
Less than 10 weeks away and counting down…
Simply go to www.komenmd.org and click on the following tabs:
- Race for the Cure
- Hunt Valley Race
- Join a team
You can then register as your own team/department under the LifeBridge Health group, or you can join the Northwest Hospital Breast Care Center team. All friends and family are welcome to join our group/team! Support the fight again breast cancer by joining us today!
So, where do the funds go? We are happy to say that 75% of the proceeds raised from the Komen Race are allocated within Maryland for grants and programs that help Komen’s mission in eradicating breast cancer. The other 25% goes directly to Komen National for breast cancer research. Komen National is the second largest funder for breast cancer research.
LifeBridge Health’s Freedom to Screen program was awarded a 2012-13 Komen grant which serves low-income, un-insured women to provide resources for breast cancer education and screenings in Northwest Baltimore City and Baltimore County.
**To learn more about Komen, it’s promise and mission, take a moment to view this amazingly inspiring video of someone whom I had the pleasure of meeting through our Breast Friends program
**If you are over 40 and have not scheduled your annual mammogram, call the Herman & Walter Samuelson Breast Care Center to schedule yours today 410-521-5913.
Hope to see you on Race day!
-Written by Deb Kirkland, RN, BSN, MPH, CBPN-IC
To schedule an appointment with one of our highly trained physicians and find out why LifeBridge Health is Baltimore's premiere health care organization, call 410-601-WELL.